FAQ's: Technological Information
1. What is technological information from Patents?
It is the whole
of both the technological information which is contained in a Patent
and of the rest of the items of information which accompany it.
2. What kind of information is contained in Patents?
- Technical/Scientific information on the pre-existing
level of the technique.
- Bibliographical information, such as, for example, who is the
owner or inventor of an invention.
- Legal information such as the term of force of a patent.
- Information of an economic-commercial character, such
as, for example, research into the competition.
3. What are the sources for the technical information of OBI?
- The printed archive of OBI.
- The central
computer system of OBI.
- Special data bases on Patents of
the European Office.
- Special subscriber scientific data
4. Where is the technological information supplied?
Technological information from Patents is provided at the offices of
the OBI in Athens, at the electronic regional libraries of the
Organisation in Thessaloniki, in Crete (Irakleion) and in Patra, and
on the Internet www.obi.gr
5. How is technological information supplied?
information is supplied by specialist personnel of OBI following the
completion of a special application (pre search application) – which
is available on the Organisation's web page.
6. What is the pre-search fee for technological information from
Each technological information search costs 60€ for results up to 60 records/industrial property titles. For records, in case of need, above 60 records/titles, there will be a charge of 2 € for every extra record/title.
The pre-search is possible to be provided
free of charge for the members of the
Network, if requested through the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas - CE.R.T.H.
7. What does technological information from Patents search
The results of a technological information search include
bibliographical data and summaries of Patents acquired, and, where
necessary, a typical design.